Learn about some key ways to understand your current XFINITY Internet speed and how to improve it.
General Speed Tips
WiFi Speed Tips
- Make sure you’ve positioned your wireless gateway or router in the most ideal location within your home.
- Be in close proximity to your wireless gateway or router when connecting to WiFi.
- Verify you’re connected to the right WiFi network, which is your private, in-home network.
- Confirm when it makes sense to connect wirelessly or use a wired connection, as some activities can be done quicker via Ethernet (e.g., online gaming and video streaming).
- Use newer generation devices (e.g., late model smartphones and tablets) when connecting over WiFi, as older devices will not be able to achieve the fastest-possible speeds.